Hello from Arizona

SUN_HIKER

I just found this site at Hike Arizona website, haven't checked everything out yet but it looks very nice and informative.

I do a lot of hiking, not able to backpack any longer due to a back issue after hiking Mt. Whitney and lugging a heavy pack for one week :(. I recently developed an interest in mountain biking and do a lot up on the Mogollon Rim in the summer. Really love the mountain biking, perhaps as much as the hiking :confused: nice forest trails and able to get lots of mileage a day plus still be in the mountains. But I guess when I analyze it, there is nothing like hiking after all.

Edited by SUN_HIKER

Hello and hope you enjoy Trailgroove, I certainly do!

I almost totally have my backpacking days behind me, but try to get in a hike every week or so if I can. I just enjoy hiking more, and it is easier on my back, knees, and joints.

Mountain biking is also great, but since I only have so much free time I hit the trails on foot. Thank goodness for M. bikers in this area as they have developed many of the trails.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Hello and hope you enjoy Trailgroove, I certainly do!

I almost totally have my backpacking days behind me, but try to get in a hike every week or so if I can. I just enjoy hiking more, and it is easier on my back, knees, and joints.

Mountain biking is also great, but since I only have so much free time I hit the trails on foot. Thank goodness for M. bikers in this area as they have developed many of the trails.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

There are very few outdoor sports I don't like. (Except the motorized ones). Love your Avitar! Looks like a beautiful black Labrador Retriever. I have two yellow ones that rule the don't know they are dogs :D

Thanks, actually the avitar is Maximus, my Newfoundland. He happens to be rather small for a Newfie, just don't tell him that!

My other hobby (other than hiking that is) centers around Newfoundland Rescue. If interested see hanc.net; in fact just tonight my wife and I took in a new foster Newfoundland dog. He's a big boy, have not had time to get him to the vet for weight and health evaluation. I know black labs and goldens are excellent as well. They come from the same part of the world, and make good hiking friends.

Gary M