3 Days in Colorado, Must-Hikes?

rolltide18

Hey y'all,

We're planning on spending a total of three days camping in Colorado in mid-June and driving to do three day hikes. I've done some research, and am thinking of devoting one of the days to the Gray's/Torrey's Peaks hike, but that leaves two days open. I have not yet chosen a location for our base camp, as I'm waiting to determine a convenient location based on the hikes we choose. There will be two of us, both physically fit males.

Any suggestions on some good day hikes would be greatly appreciated!

Jacob

If you are primarily focusing on stuff in the front range, nearby to Gray's/Torrey's is Mt Bierstadt (also a fourteener).  I would also recommend you consider something in Rocky Mountain NP--there's a long list of great hikes and climbs there. Some to think about in the park: Flattop (you can also climb nearby Hallett peak in conjunction with it), a hike up to sky pond is a favorite of mine, there's always Longs peak (plan on a long and demanding day).  Hope that gives you some more ideas?  If you have time on your next trip, highly recommend you investigate the San Juan mountains--I think it's the best part of Colorado.

I hadn't even considered the San Juan Mountains, but looking at some of the hikes is making me want to alter the trip. Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...