....After the hike

Jason

Im a big food guy, and by that I mean Im big and I love food! We've starded a Little tradition (unintentionally) where about 3 miles from the end of our hikes we start talking food...the when the where the whats and how much of the stuff we plan on consuming! As of late it been the pizza buffets, wherever our hike ends our pizza radars seem to draw us there, you know the place, you go in with hunger pains and come out feeling like your about to fall into one of those Thanksgiving feast comas...so that bares the question....

Whats your favorite after hike food?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobo Uzala

• Jason

• Aaron Zagrodnick

• AdventureMyk

• Premium Member

Mostly at the end of a trip I just want anything that does not have to be rehydrated... :)

The past couple of trips though, a good juicy cheeseburger is top on the list.

Jen...Speaking of Juicy cheeseburgers, checkout this little jewel from Nantahala N.C. Stopped on a bike ride to try this out. The Bigfood Burger! 2lbs of beef on a 9" bun. If you finish this bad boy in an hour they put your pic on the wall!

IMAG0555_zps24547eda.jpg

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

The closest place from the trailhead that offers a good burger tops my after trip restaurant list, though I'm not sure I'd be able to tackle the Bigfood Burger even after my most intense efforts! Pizza however, is definitely a close second...

• 1 year later...

I'm a Beer & Burger guy myself, but I'm not sure I could put away a burger that big but I would like to try.

Im a big food guy, and by that I mean Im big and I love food! We've starded a Little tradition (unintentionally) where about 3 miles from the end of our hikes we start talking food...the when the where the whats and how much of the stuff we plan on consuming! As of late it been the pizza buffets, wherever our hike ends our pizza radars seem to draw us there, you know the place, you go in with hunger pains and come out feeling like your about to fall into one of those Thanksgiving feast comas...so that bares the question....

Whats your favorite after hike food?

If I'm dayhiking I'm looking for a Five Guys after the hike... I want that big bag of fries. If I'm backpacking the last couple of miles I'm thinking about getting my can of Dos Equis in a creek to cool down. Usually just eat a MRE, but always bring some kind of dessert to enjoy before hitting the sack. Last time I had one of those individual lemon pies in a box from Wal-Mart. Yum!

There's nothing like a long hike to give you food hallucinations. One night my buddy and I spent the evening in our tent at 16,500 ft, hypoxic and rattling off all the dishes we'd want to eat for a Thanksgiving dinner, man we could smell it! But after a long, hot, sweaty hike, there's nothing like dreaming of an ice-cold Coca-cola waiting for me, with cold sweat dripping down the sides of the can. More so than a beer, isn't that interesting?

AdventureMyk

Zaxby's or BBQ are our traditional spots. If it's been a long multi-day hike then a nice sitdown restaurant takes the prize. :)