....After the hike

Jason

I am definitely going with pizza on this one. Since most of my hikes are relatively close to home I order it on the way home and have them deliver it. I am so conscious about the way I look and smell after hikes that I go home and shower just in time to receive pizza. :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobo Uzala

• Jason

• Aaron Zagrodnick

• AdventureMyk

I'm definitely with the burger crew, though I'd prefer a Dr. Pepper to a beer. Or maybe a margarita. I don't really care where the burger comes from as long as they have good fries. Though last time I went on an overnight, I took my mom. We opted for Boar's Nest BBQ after. It really hit the spot!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pizza and beer! This habit probably derives from the multitude of hikes up Half Dome and ending that long day hike at the Curry Village that has the most amazing pizzeria! Greasy pizza and hoppy beer is by far the most amazingly delicious thing to have!

Can I delete my first wet blanket meandering all over the place post on this thread? :D

When coming off a hike, before traveling back home perhaps needing to catch a flight or embarking on a long drive, I like to go over the hike looking at that hike's pics, maps, trail descriptions, recalling the wildlife, plants, and people that have impacted the hike. It's a comfy chair, hot coffee, and a quieter nook in a coffee house/cafe I crave to do that when I've solo hiked. Doing this with others that shared the hike all the better.

• 1 month later...

Combining everything above into one. After our annual half dome hike we goo to curry village and get their BBQ pizza and beer. Everytime 3 pizzas two pitcher makes a tired hiker very happy! :D

• 1 month later...

I usually try to find a good green chile cheeseburger. I very rarely drink soda but after a backpacking trip I seem to enjoy a Dr. Pepper also.