New to TrailGroove

HikerJen

Hi everyone! I just found TrailGroove today. I'm really liking the stories and articles. Can't wait to read more. :)

Grettings from a fellow Midwesterner, at least I think Chicago is considered the Midwest! I think you'll enjoy the great magazine and all the interesting forum discussion. Feel free to join in....

• Premium Member

Hi HikerJen - and welcome to the forum! I'm a former Chicagoan, and lived in the NW Suburbs for quite a while (had to do a double take when I saw your name was Jen too :) )

Hope you enjoy the magazine and that you will feel at home on the forum... lots of great people on here!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I just found TrailGroove today. I'm really liking the stories and articles. Can't wait to read more. :)

Hi Jen

Welcome my son and his wife live downtown Chicago if you know of any good places to hike and backpack around Chicago area would love to know.

Kodiak

Hi Jen

Welcome my son and his wife live downtown Chicago if you know of any good places to hike and backpack around Chicago area would love to know.

Kodiak

Hi Kodiak!

Unfortunately, there's not much good hiking in the land of the Flatlanders. The closest decent hiking would be Starved Rock State Park and Mathiessen State Park, both in Utica, Il, but it's nothing compared to what you've hiked. The next closest good hiking would be in Wisconsin - Devil's Lake State Park in Baraboo; Kettle Moraine State Park-Northern Unit in Whitewater, Wi. Good luck!

Edited by HikerJen
Spelling, content