Feathered Friends Hummingbird UL20 Review

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

For three-season backpacking in most of the continental United States, a 20-degree bag is an ideal choice. When it’s warm it can be used like a quilt, when a late season or high elevation trip has a cold night or two dropping into the teens it will be adequate if not downright comfortable (especially if paired with a down jacket and thick socks), and for nights where low temperatures range in the upper 20s to low 40s it seems perfect. Although I’ve owned 30-degree bags and 15-degree bags over the past decade, and used them from Appalachia to Arizona, this year I switched to a Feathered Friends Hummingbird UL20 for most of my spring, summer and fall backpacking trips in the broader Pacific Northwest region. The Hummingbird UL20, which keeps up with the avian-themed names for Feathered Friends sleeping bags, is an immediately impressive bag when tossed out to loft up. The efficient design and sharp, rich colors of the fabric are apparent even to the most novice backpacker. It just looks like a great sleeping bag. And coincidentally...

In Issue 36, @Mark reviews this 20 degree sleeping bag from Feathered Friends - read the full review below:

Issue 36 Page 1