Our new Heritage Shirts are live in the TrailGroove Store! See more here and save 20% with a Premium Membership.

Jaeagle

Chafing!!

Jaeagle

**trigger warning mature subject**

Ok so I have an issue. Whenever I perform exercise and especially hiking I get extremely chafed in the “gooch” area. I have tried powder applied in the morning and some cream called “dry balls” but still after 30 mins to an hour I am burning and after a days hike It’s like a baby’s diaper rash. I am trying new exofficio boxer briefs to see if it helps at all but I would love any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

The Ex Officios are great and stay dry / dry very quickly so that might help. Hopefully! No experience with the product you mentioned, but in addition to taking the time to practice good hygiene I have carried Body Glide in the past for blister prevention on my feet as well as for any chafing issues, I think the key is to apply at the first sign of, or in advance of anything that could get worse. Works very well. Might be worth a try? 

Jaeagle

I have been eyeing up this product so I may have to try it out! The underwear didn’t make a difference today so I am trying other options 

Jaeagle

Figured I would share with anyone having the same issue. For me the solution has been goldbond spray. Heavier then was looking for but my god did it make the difference