Chafing!!

Jaeagle

**trigger warning mature subject**

Ok so I have an issue. Whenever I perform exercise and especially hiking I get extremely chafed in the “gooch” area. I have tried powder applied in the morning and some cream called “dry balls” but still after 30 mins to an hour I am burning and after a days hike It’s like a baby’s diaper rash. I am trying new exofficio boxer briefs to see if it helps at all but I would love any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

The Ex Officios are great and stay dry / dry very quickly so that might help. Hopefully! No experience with the product you mentioned, but in addition to taking the time to practice good hygiene I have carried Body Glide in the past for blister prevention on my feet as well as for any chafing issues, I think the key is to apply at the first sign of, or in advance of anything that could get worse. Works very well. Might be worth a try? 

I have been eyeing up this product so I may have to try it out! The underwear didn’t make a difference today so I am trying other options 

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I would share with anyone having the same issue. For me the solution has been goldbond spray. Heavier then was looking for but my god did it make the difference 

• 3 months later...
Grey Mouse

+1 on the body glide. I might also add that very very breathable underwear is what helped me along with a "slightly" liberal coating of unscented vaseline. Sometimes my thighs rub and I have used a wide medical tape to cover the rubbing areas before hiking. I simply removed at camp and reapplied as needed. Also, my breathable stretchy underwear reach almost to my knees so i'll say they are more like shorts. That solved the chaffing issue.

*Warning* Adult material follows:

So lets get more mature here if I may. If your "churning butter" (one through hikers term for sweat and grime in that area) or more commonly known as "Swamp A@@" then your eventually going to run out of butter and chaff. Some do not worry about it since they will "add butter" to it all day via sweating and gravity. If your okay with it then it's fine but short hikes don't necessitate it lol. A simply moisturizing wipe is all that is needed during a break most often.  

I can't post without at least recommending something.I have never used these but some people swear by them according to various post on hiking forums. You might try these: http://andiamounderwear.com/shop/unisex-skins-unpadded/