Amazon Kindle conversion of the PDF

JasonT2000

I was thinking of a premium membership, but want to know how well the magazine converts to reading on a Kindle.  Anyone have feedback?  I know I would be missing the gorgeous color photos, but sometimes it's just easier to read it on my kindle.   FYI: You can email pdf files to your personal email address for your kindle with the pdf attached and the subject line "convert". 

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Hey Jason, thanks for the tip on the conversion! Not sure if you have tried it yet, but we still have Issues 21 and older available for a free download if you want to give it a test drive so to speak:  

https://www.trailgroove.com/files/

The conversion worked well for the most part.  Since the Kindle is only black and white, it doesn't do justice to the amazing pictures. 

Some of the text is formatted differently that normally appears on the pictures, It's sometimes on a separate page and a lighter color that's hard to read. Table of contents jump to the page don't work.  Other hotlinks don't work, but that is expected. 

It's a nice alternative from the computer. But I think it's best on a color tablet either via the website or native PDF file.

J.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks for the update! The PDF has about twice the resolution and quality vs. the free web version, so would agree that it's probably best on a tablet or computer to take advantage of that aspect as well as the color. Not sure if a smartphone is an option, but I find the PDF works really well there, as well.

• Like 1