Richland Creek Wilderness, Ozark National Forest - Part Deux

WanderAR

• 3 years later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but, WanderAR, this is great info. Thanks so much for sharing. I've heard a lot of great things about Richland Creek, but haven't found a ton of resources or info about it online.

I was wondering what map you used? USGS? I saw that the Ozark Society also made a map.

Ad Astra, the best map by far can be purchased from one of the areas good conservationists, http://timernst.com/Products/RichMap.html

This is an amazing area and I am quickly slowing on providing information on these areas. They are starting to be trampled. I do trust this group as people who know how to treat the land so I will share here. Get to this place before it is overwhelmed. Best time is in winter when high Temps are around 50 and lows in the teens to 30s. All the leaves are off, crowds are down and the views are at their best.

Edited by WanderAR

Thanks so much for the response, WanderAR. It seems like a beautiful place. Hopefully it can stay that way. I hope to get there as soon as we can. I went ahead and ordered that map. Thanks, again.

Another great resource. That is exactly the type of info I've been looking for. My wife and I are just starting backpacking. We went on a trip with our local Sierra Club here in KC. It's a lot of fun to find like-minded people who are diligent about doing things the right way so that these place can stay wild, but still be enjoyed.

• 7 months later...

Missed 90% of this on a recent  OHT thru because I didn't research Richland Ck Wilderness enough and totally forgot this old amazing thread. Pics were fine. ThX Wander.

Agree about finding the SaND castle in deep summer without coordinates or very good route finding description.

• 2 months later...