Three Night Backpacking in Texas Hill Country

WesternTrails

Hi Everyone -  First post here, but I would like to plan a three-night backpacking trip somewhere in the Texas Hill Country over Thanksgiving weekend.  Does this group have any advisce as to whether this is possible?  There will be an 11 year old and 8 year old in a our group, but they are pretty tough - they went to the top of Guadalupe Peak last year.  Our pace is likely to be a little slower as a result.  Is Lost Maples just an overnight, or can it be done over a few days?  What about the Hill Country State Natural Areas?  I see lots of trails mapped there, so it seems like a three-day trip would be possible.  We live in Austin but would like to keep this trip within the Hill Country.  Thanks!

Pedernales Falls SP has a backcountry campsite. You could use it as a base and then do day hikes through their extensive trail system.

I've only been to HCSNA once but I do remember there being quite a bit of trails, just can't remember about backcountry sites. Ok, looks like there are some sites---maybe just have some short mile days to explore from camp? 

If you wanted to head east a bit, the Somerville Trailway would have plenty of miles for you to do. I would check to see that the trail is completely open now after Harvey.

One year we backpacked at Enchanted Rock. We were just out one night, but you could push it to two by creatively linking trails. Very nice trip and great photo ops!