Night vision?

jay

Am currently researching night vision devices for wildlife observation and photography.  Was curious if anyone here might have any experience with this?  The Bestguarder NV-900 has caught my eye but I don't want to sink a significant amount of money into something that is going to be sub par for what I want to do with it.  I like that this is both a binocular as well as a camera but don't mind a device that can be mounted to a camera if that is the best choice.

Anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

No personal experience, but would be curious to hear how whatever you end up going with works out. My nighttime wildlife observation has been limited to game cams...always interesting to see what's on the memory card.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I am going with a Bushnell Equinox Z 6x50 monocular style device.  Based on my research, this seems to be the best for the money.  When I get it, I will be sure to post some pictures and give a review of it.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Looks like a nice unit. Interested to hear how well it works - not sure if personally I would carry one while actually backpacking but would be interesting to have on hand and use at other times without a doubt. 

I will agree that it is something of a luxury item.  Wildlife photography is something I very much enjoy and I want a chance to potentially shoot (as in photography) some of the more nocturnal critters. I will be sure to post some pics and a review here after I have tested it for any that might be interested.

• Like 1

I have done some wildlife surveys at night with a powerful search light as part of my job.   You just have to be careful and make sure you have no firearms. 

I have picked up eye shine on all kinds of game animals, fur bearers and even rattlesnakes.  With practice we were able to locate tarantulas with eye shine.  It is very effective and simple, which is why it is strictly outlawed for hunting.