2019 REI Dividend Release

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Well looks like it’s getting to be that time of the year again – just stopped by the REI website this morning and checking my account it looks like the latest REI dividends have been updated! Here is the link where you can look up your balance:

https://www.rei.com/membership/dividend

I’m sure the annual 20% off member sale will be coming up shortly as well. I might put mine towards the new Sea to Summit Ether Light XT sleeping pad which looks to offer up a nice blend of comfort, warmth, and weight…would be interesting to test out to see how it compares to my Exped Synmat UL.

Anyone have any exciting gear you plan to put your dividend towards this year?

• Premium Member
Mark Wetherington

Cool, good to know those are posted. I'm considering a new tent to replace the MSR Hubba I've been using since 2012, but haven't totally decided whether or not to do that this year or try to squeeze another season out of it. Still going fairly strong, just had to patch some mesh earlier this year.

• Like 1

I'm only getting about $5 this year. I don't know whether to be sad about the $5 or happy that I did not spend very much this past year :)

I'm at a good spot for gear, the only thing I need is new shoes, so maybe the dividend will just sit in my account for a while.

• Like 1

hmm, There is a warning on the page.  But I have no idea how much I spent this past year.  I know it was a bunch at garage sales.  But that $$ does not count toward the dividend.

The Annual Dividend is associated only with the name of the REI member.

Success!

Your dividend balance is $12.78

Balance doesn't look quite right? This year's dividends are currently being calculated - please check back mid-March.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Yeah, Iooks like the dividends have been calculated / applied but the rest of the page wording just hasn't been updated quite yet. :) 

• Like 1

not getting a huge amount ($53.09) but going to use it for a katadyn gravity befree 3L filter.  I have used a steripen for the past six years, but always been concerned about the danger of slopping over untreated water when pouring it into the 1L bottle that I use for sterilizing via the pen.  At 6.8oz this will add about 4oz to my pack, as the steripen is 2.7oz.  Worth it to me for the higher safety factor.  Been thinking of this purchase for a year or so, and as I always considered it a "wish list" item rather than a "have to have" its perfect for using the dividend!

• Premium Member

Mine was small. $20 So I bought some paleo breakfast meals for the kids. They liked it so I'm going to try to recreate them from scratch.

Mine was $0.60. No, really.

I got my account in December, and most of the things I bought were either returned (thank you REI for your EXTREMELY liberal return policy!) or were on sale. 

My wife's was a bit better at about $75 on the account she had for most of the year. Still sucks how little it is considering how much money we spent, including a Yakima Skyrise tent, but again... always stuff on sale.

That said, we put it to good use. We bought a Garmin Inreach Mini. Those things are worth every penny but also very painful to fork over the money initially. Using the dividend took away SOME of the sting, at least.