From Abingdon, VA

Scribe

Last year I completed a 24 day thru-hike of the Vermont Long Trail, after which I continued along the AT. Overall I traversed about 888 miles in 76 days, and it was easily the best experience of my life. I want to do it again! I moved to Abingdon, VA only a month later in order to be closer to the AT, which is only about a 16-mile trek down the Creeper Trail, itself less than a mile away from me. Couldn't hurt to find some people in the area who would make great hiking buddies. Anyone around?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Not in the area myself Scribe, but welcome to the forum!

• 9 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, Scribe said:

Last year I completed a 24 day thru-hike of the Vermont Long Trail, after which I continued along the AT. Overall I traversed about 888 miles in 76 days, and it was easily the best experience of my life. I want to do it again! I moved to Abingdon, VA only a month later in order to be closer to the AT, which is only about a 16-mile trek down the Creeper Trail, itself less than a mile away from me. Couldn't hurt to find some people in the area who would make great hiking buddies. Anyone around?

I live just outside of Damascus. Have hiked this area for over 40 years. Always looking for new hiking partners.