Hugh

Hiking with restrictions

Hugh
Posted (edited)

Hey all.

I'm not sure if this is where to post, so I apologise up front if I'm breaking forum rules.

We have a foreign exchange student (Italian) that is wanting to explore Colorado hiking. She leaves in late May, so I think weather/seasons will be an issue. Also we have a shih tzu dog that will be with us. We are wanting to hike in and camp for a day or two.

My question is this: Is there a good eastern side of Colorado trail that allows dogs and camping and has nice weather in early/mid May? ...or am I asking too much?

Edited by Hugh
Grammar

John B

you might try the lost creek wilderness which is about 30 miles SW of Denver (access by US 285).  Not sure if dogs are allowed, but I think so??  by late May you will probably see some snow but not excessive amounts.

Hugh
On 4/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, John B said:

you might try the lost creek wilderness which is about 30 miles SW of Denver (access by US 285).  Not sure if dogs are allowed, but I think so??  by late May you will probably see some snow but not excessive amounts.

Thanks so much. I will definitely check this out!