New to Hiking Community

Prankies

Hey all, I have been a novice hiker for a long time, but recently I have been really wanting to get into back country hiking.  I thought a forum would be a good place to start and gain information from the more experienced people.  At the moment I am starting to acquire gear.  I have a compass, hiking shoes and camel back. LOL. I'm taking my time because I have no idea what would be the right gear needed hence why I am hear.  Any information would be so appreciated.  I am currently living in California, but I am originally from Maine. Hopefully, I can make it to some meet ups and meet some great people and enjoy God's beauty. Cheers. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to TrailGroove and best of luck getting started and getting all the gear assembled. For some tips in that regard feel free to browse past issues of the magazine - as a Premium Member you can download all the past issues here to catch up on all our past reviews and tips on gear. You can also find reviews and guides on everything from pack selection to sleeping pads over on the blog:

https://www.trailgroove.com/blogs/

Lastly, feel free to ask any questions that might come up here on the forums!

• Like 1

Greetings and welcome to the group.  There is a lot of good information here and some great people, I hope that you can find this forum as helpful as I have.

Again, welcome.

• Like 1