NYT Book Review: “Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail”

Jen

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished it and loved it. Quite the page turner. Her life was a trainwreck for awhile. When reading about the trial and tribulations of her experience on the PCT, in my minds eye, I was following right behind her.

• 1 month later...

I have this book on my list and almost picked it up the other night but didn't just yet. Someone recommended it to me over on my blog when I was posting about Jennifer Pharr Davis's book, 46 Days. I just finished Becoming Odyssa not too long ago and have been wanting another book along the same lines. I will have to pick up Wild now...

Oh yeah, and if you haven't already read Becoming Odyssa...do it. It is an awesome book. IMO, it is the best AT thru hike book that I have read so far...

• Premium Member

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be picking up Becoming Odyssa for when I finish Wild...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just got Wild in today! I am not a fan of hardback books when reading, but I make do... but I will admit, I like the torn edge look and feel of the pages.

Anyway, looking forward to reading it!

• Premium Member

I received "Wild" the day that Oprah announced it was the first selection for her new book club. Strange!

Jen, yeah, mine had a big Oprah sticker on the front of it when I got it... wasn't expecting that... :)

TollerMom, let us know what you think of Becoming Odyssa. I imagine I will read it a few more times...it was a great book... Enjoy!