Spot 2 Satellite GPS Messenger

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

***SOLD***

Spot 2 for sale - Works great and in nice shape. 4.2 ounces including 3 lithium AAA batteries. $60 including CONUS shipping - A service plan from Spot would be needed to activate.

post-3-143508714568_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Are you upgrading? I have been looking at the Spot Gen 3. It has customized tracking features and is now motion activated. The Spot 2 also looks like a fine tool. I just read on another site of a woman who had a boulder roll down on her in Mammoth and was able to call SAR from her Spot.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Hey TollerMom,

The new Spot does look interesting. Lately I had a chance to check out BriarTek's CerberLink device, and most recently have been using the Delorme InReach SE. Both offer 2 way custom messages over the Iridium network. (Perhaps at the risk of being too connected!) My experience thus far with the InReach SE has been going well however, (You can always turn it off) so trying to find a buyer for my lightly used Spot 2. :D

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

The InReach does require either an annual or seasonal (4 month minimum) plan, while the Cerberlink has an annual plan (Monthly option after first year) or a month to month plan with an annual fee. They also have a by the week rental arrangement. Here's some more info on the various subscription options:

InReach Plans

Cerberlink Plans

• 3 months later...