Alternative to Keen Targhee III

Cassf

Hello! I'm buying my boyfriend a pair of hiking boots for Christmas and he recently tried on a few different boots. He really liked the Keen Targhee III mid waterproof boots but after reading some reviews they seem like they aren't very durable. We're looking for a lightweight mid hiking boot with a similar fit, he has wide feet and likes something with a slightly flexible sole. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello! My husband and I used to have Keen boots and didn’t really like them.  Now we have have Vasque (I think Breeze model) and they’re great. We also have wide feet and they’re very comfortable. We hiked the Tour du Mont Blanc in them!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi sorry for such a late reply to this thread but for anyone else who looked this up searching for a keen alternative, oboz are quite awesome. the bdry model specifically and they also come in wide. I had the targhee III for a very short period of time. they lasted 3 days, 50km of moderate to advanced hiking. the sole near the heel started separating and the grip was very slippery. I also found them to lack padding from mid-sole to toe box. I could feel every sharp rock and root on the trail. 

My previous pair were the oboz bdry. They lasted me 3 years of constant rigorous hiking. Just recently they gave out on me. I was slipping and falling because the grip was just gone. But it took three years to get to that point! I ordered another pair of the same model. I can't wait!