Hello from Illinois

Hankp

Hi I am new to backpacking, but I have done some camping,  looking for a way to expand my outdoor photography from the world everyone else  sees 

so I guess I am here to learn, and share my experiences of this coming spring and summer.

I would be up for a photo thread. I've got a few great images and a whole mess of mid-range photos.DSC_2479.thumb.JPG.0daf926be17ed4deda58bd2ac72487e2.JPG

Brooke learning how to find fish. Until this point it was pure 'magic' and fish just appeared when the rod was lifted.

_MG_2198.thumb.jpg.4185eddd47f5bfbb5e7abcea7bcce109.jpg

Trail buddies come in all configurations. This is a Kern River Rattlesnake. The cousin to this snake is the Mojave Rattlesnake. These snakes are basically pink and blend well with Sierra granite. Here's the kicker...this snake was around 13".

1447612143_P1010437(3).thumb.JPG.a3ede848581f62c0aff185507aad46d3.JPG

Great Blue Heron on the Manzana River. The top knot is flattened in this photo.

Great idea to post photographs. Let's get a few more here and start re-generating interest.

DSC_1790.JPG

Brooke posing on a local trail. Packs have her food, bowl and some medicine.

DSC_1625 (2).JPG

This is what I call "dog tired". Poor Brooke is game to follow me anywhere. However, I missed a junction and we ended up doing 14 miles. Not being UL, we were both worn out.

Edited by Geezer Tom

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, Hankp said:

I am an amateur outdoor photographer, I do it for fun and to get out of the house

more of my images can be seen here:

https://hpopik.myportfolio.com/

refection.jpg

Heron.jpg

Wonderful Picture of a Sandhill Crane, she looks like she is fishing for a snack. The surrounding mangroves with some blue flowing blubs, outstanding photo.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:20 AM, Hankp said:

Thank You....

YES, in your first photo where your canine Brook, is looking into the clear water is a small fish..funny, and great picture..

Edited by Pocket
speeling error