Issue 8 Released

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Issue 8 of TrailGroove Magazine is now available! Click the preceding link or the cover below to take a look:

In This Issue:

Trail Tip: In The Element

Jargon: FBC

Tasmania: The Western Arthurs Traverse - Now and Then

Pikes Peak or Bust

Interview: Hiking the Appalachian Trail

Soto WindMaster OD-1RX Micro Regulator Stove Review

Backcountry Painting for Everyone

Gear Mash

Photo Tips from the Trail: Wildflowers

Lightweight Luxuries

Backcountry Cuisine: Fruit Leather

The Drive Home: Out of Order

Over 100 free pages dedicated to backpacking and hiking. Special thanks to all of our readers and contributors for your support and contributions towards the latest issue! If it's your first time viewing the magazine, we suggest starting on Page 1 for viewing tips and tricks. Prefer a different format or want to view the magazine offline? A PDF is also available. (15 MB) Your input is highly appreciated. Let us know what you thought about Issue 8 here on the TrailGroove Forum, or shoot us an email anytime. Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for Issue 9, due out in July.

post-3-143508714606_thumb.jpg

jeepingetowah

I see some really great articles & photos. I will be sure to read it when I get home tonight and out of work. Great job again!

Wallace

SupaChef

Aaron and Jen.......

Great to read TrailGroove Magazine Issue #8. As before, the magazine is filled with fun and interesting articles. I guess my favorites once again are the photo tips by David M. Cobb, and "The Drive Home" is always a treat. Thanks again for the great read, and as always the totally fantastic photography.

I'll be hitting the trail this weekend and also next week, and I'm sure I'll be trying some of the tips. June looks bad for me for available trail time, so I want to get out while I can. Real life just keeps getting in the way of my hiking time.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks Wallace & Gary! We definitely had some great contributions come through for Issue 8.

Hey Aaron, another great issue you guys put out! Thanks for using some of my photos again, great to be able to contribute. Trying to get my buddies together to bag our first peak above 8K soon so you can count on some pics from that! Keep up the good work, love reading the articles and tips.

Brett

So. California

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks Brett and thanks for the photos! Looking forward to the next round. :D

Aaron and Jen,

This is a great issue, and long awaited. I especially liked the article about the AT trip. I'm only 6 miles from Schaumburg, Il, and it's so inspiring to hear from other Midwesterners who have made that challenging trek. And, I'm really enjoying the photography tips. Keep up the great work!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks Jen! Glad you were able to check out the latest issue. We found Wallace's interview on the A.T. really interesting to work on, definitely an inspirational read!