The Trail on Wheels

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Decided to mix it up and take the bike out last weekend - Here's a short video. First upwards - Then the descent.

For the best quality, select HD from the settings of the player below if your bandwidth allows:

Edited by Aaron

tmountainnut

nice video. i always like the downhill parts better than the uphill parts.

where in wyoming are you. the only mountain biking i've done in wyoming is red canyon road out near lander, which is fun all-downhill run you can shuttle, and everything is covered in red dust afterwards. http://g.co/maps/hrqb4

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks Ted. I consider the uphills the workout part of the ride, then the downhill the reward / fun part. :D We're in Lander, but haven't yet had a chance to hit up Red Canyon Road. From what it looks like that's about a 10 mile run from about 7k to 5500 feet. Sounds like fun. Is it a pretty smooth dirt road or on the rougher side?

tmountainnut

its mostly graded. its very steep at the start, i had to stop a few times and let my brakes cool because i could start smelling the pads.

that's cool you live in lander. i love that town. i was there last summer for the international climbers festival as a volunteer. it was a blast.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I'll definitely have to check that out, sounds fast! Hopefully my brakes are up for it. We really like Lander, it makes it easy to take those short weekend or last minute trips when you can drive to the trailhead (Or even ride the bike) in just a few minutes.