AUTO's have MILES, only if my legs could TALK!

Pocket

Where to start this introduction? Long time Camper, Hiker, Tracker, Hunter, Boon-docker, and former Young Marine, BSA at various levels, Royal Rangers. Lived and worked outside in Southern California, Arizona, Texas and Florida. A daughter in Utah, with Grandsons and Granddaughters, who all camp and enjoy the outdoors. I have always been a welcome outdoor cook and make a wonderful pot of Cowboy Coffee. I was lucky to get the opportunity to do some cattle drives. Always carry my Case Knife to clean out the Horse hoofs.  Bicycle Riding backpacking and Camping, I don't recommend. Once helped a family Friend construct a house in the woods on his land, in Virginia where I was born. Did some island camping and boating, fun stuff, (except for windy nights and sand).

Why I'm here? to learn as you can never learn all there is about the outdoors. Shelter, Water, Warmth have always been a concern. "Never been truly lost, but a little bewildered" as once stated by Davy Crockett, same is true here. Equipment has always been changing and somewhat challenging to say the less. (Always Check it, before you take it with you).  So I'm shopping for some new ideas, supplies, MRE's, Water filtration solutions, sleeping bags etc.

I never did any long Trails, I've herd others talk about AT, PCT and CDT as well as some lesser known trails like the Mormon, Orgon and other trails.  

My wife and me, are looking to do the Nachos Trace Trail in the near future.  My trail name is "Pocket" Had to do with some cargo paints, I wore on a long hike. A place for everything and everything in its place. (Liked the name "Pocket," not the cargo paints).

QUESTIONS?

• Like 1