Hi ! From Texas~

Tephanie H.

Tephanie H.

Hi, 

I am Tephanie. I reside in El Paso. Texas. Home of the Franklin Mountains with the nickname the Sun City. It's quite sunny most of the time but it also gets crazy windy but no one really speaks of that.  My bucket list hike is the Guadalupe Peak. I haven't hiked that far yet but hope to in the near future. 

Anyways, I'm happy to be part of the group.

Oh yeah, I want to add a photo to my profile but I don't see how. If anyone can share that, I'd appreciate it.

Best,

Tephanie

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum Tephanie! Wind can be a factor here in Wyoming as well. Looks like you might have the profile photo all set, or perhaps you're looking at the profile background photo which can be set (if desired) by clicking your name in the upper right --> profile --> Cover Photo --> Upload Photo. Have a good hike on Guadalupe, we've had a couple past articles on the area as well.

Tephanie H.

Yes, my profile photo is set-up. Thank you for enabling it and for the warm welcome!

It's also good to know about the Guadalupe articles so I can read up on what to expect when I hike it.

• Premium Member

I'm from East Texas and I've only been out to Guadalupe Mountains once. It is beautiful for sure and it is definetly a hiker's park. If I remember correctly there is a state hwy that kinda travels around the east side of the park and that's it. No vehicle access to the park past the campgrounds. That's a good thing, but be prepared for it. 

I'd like to get back there. We went in February and woke up the first morning to a couple inches of snow and 14 degrees. Pretty sure we had the whole park to ourselves!

Have you been to Big Bend? Love that park and have been numerous times. Check it out. 

• Like 1

Tephanie H.

Unfortunately, I have not been to Big Bend but I'd like to go in the future. Thanks for  the recommendation!