Hiking after Easing Restrictions

Tephanie H.

Tephanie H.

Well. I ventured out on my first hike since the shutdown. It was a beginner’s hike through the Kenyon Joyce Canyon. There was approximately 20 people on the hike led by El Paso Hiking Group Lead, AJ.  It was a little steep in the beginning, but it leveled off.  The canyon was crisp and filled with many boulders. It was a blast exiting the canyon through a tight space or what I like to call the birth canal as we had to wiggle through an opening with rock all around to exit. It was fun seeing everyone exit out of the birth canal to complete the hike. Many of us joked that we were all born again! It was a lovely time.

Have you been on a hike since they eased restrictions?

104100682_10223077175180630_2740412859473971942_o.jpg

83614738_10223077174620616_8134794423263831627_o.jpg

105597857_10223077175460637_5609655805573877977_o.jpg

Good for you!  Looks like a nice hike. 

We've now done two backpacking trips--one in the Sierra near Tahoe, and one in Lassen National Park, plus some dayhikes. I'll post a trip report later today.  

• Like 1

I have been out hiking at least weekly since April--just practicing social distancing while on the trail.  Lot of the hikes with a close friend that I trust, and have carpooled to trail.  Just got back from an overnight trip--drove to trailhead  Sunday over a very rough 4WD road (won't ever drive it again, but that's another story), climbed two peaks Monday (tellurium 13,300 and west tellurium 13,074), and returned yesterday.  Weather was great and met no one on the climb.

• Like 1

Tephanie H.
22 hours ago, John B said:

I have been out hiking at least weekly since April--just practicing social distancing while on the trail.  Lot of the hikes with a close friend that I trust, and have carpooled to trail.  Just got back from an overnight trip--drove to trailhead  Sunday over a very rough 4WD road (won't ever drive it again, but that's another story), climbed two peaks Monday (tellurium 13,300 and west tellurium 13,074), and returned yesterday.  Weather was great and met no one on the climb.

Wow, you climbed two peaks! Happy you made it safely with great weather!

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to hike on secluded trails near my house, but I haven't been on anything more than a day hike.

• 1 month later...