Getting old sucks

balzaccom

I spent this last weekend working on projects around our cabin in the Sierra...

Since we only go up for a few days at a time in the winter, we don't need that much wood...but we still haven't burned up all the wood we created by cutting down a few dead trees and rebuilding parts of the deck. And over the years it had grown into a mass of a mess. So I pulled out everything from the woodshed and put it back into place. What fun.

And once I did that, I also took a few hours to dig some larger beds in front of the cabin where we can plant some groundcover---all part of making the place look a little more like part of the living forest, and a little less like a desert compound.

So imagine my delight when i started doing a few stretches this morning and felt a pop in the back of my leg as I pulled a hamstring muscle. I haven't done in nearly fifty years---and that was back when I was playing very competitive soccer.

So now i get to loll around and do very little. Just what the doctor didn't order for someone my age. As a dear old friend of mine liked to say: "Getting old sucks. But it beats the alternative." Sigh.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Sorry about the hamstring...hope it heals up quick.

However, the thing that stands out the most to me is “cabin in the Sierra” - can’t be all that bad! :)

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Sorry about the hamstring...hope it heals up quick.

However, the thing that stands out the most to me is “cabin in the Sierra” - can’t be all that bad! :)

True enough...and now that a lot of the work is done, it's a little easier to just sit around and enjoy it! 

• 3 months later...

Getting old sucks except for all of the other alternatives. 

Hiking every day behind the house is helping a lot. 

• 7 months later...
Michael aka Mac

Hey Ppine & balzaccom  Good to see  familiar names here .  Was just stretching my computer legs looking for additional forums  only to find you two   lol small world

Edited by Michael aka Mac
spelling error two vs too

Michael aka Mac

You know me from my other forum under Michael Suvival.Intuitition

Never new there were other backpacking websites/forums  until now