Interactive Snow Map

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I use this throughout the year while planning trips:

http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov/interactive/html/map.html

Great zoomable map where you can evaluate the present (And past) snow water equivalent, depth, melt, and more of the entire U.S. and much of Canada. On the left hand side I usually select the snow depth map and toggle the various options to show / label cities, roads, hill shading, etc.

Right now most of my favorite destinations are still under about 10 feet of snow, and that's lower than average!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Don't be too disappointed, after 4-5 months...We're enjoying bare ground again... :D

tmountainnut

yeah, the snowpack here is very low too. we didn't see any snow along the front range in march, which is the driest on record for fort collins and the driest in the mountains since the early 80's. the skiing season this year was very short and uneventful. the one good powder day i got to go up to the mountains for, the whole ski area lost power for most of the day, and it took them hours to get everything running on backup generators.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Definitely not good for skiing, but at least we can look forward to some early season hiking this year!