Hello from the foot of Mt Hood

JBfromPNW

Great site! You guys grabbed my attention with the article on the Goat Rocks (issue 8 ?) and kept it with other interesting articles and fantastic photos! Hopefully in the future I'll be able to relate something of interest, as I have been hiking around the west for over 40 years, worn out a lot of boots and gear, dealt with all kinds of weather and critters (some good, some bad).

My first "backpack" was a Trapper Nelson of Dad's that he aquired sometime in the 40's. Back then, our layers were pretty much union suits of 100% black wool, a flannel shirt and levis, and a traditional red and black plaid Woolrich jacket, or some similar variation. I thank God frequently for Polar fleece and lightweight boots!

Anyway, today I live in the shadow of Mt Hood and am still new enough to the area to have tons of places to explore very close to home.

And, I look forward to exploring this site during times when I am confined to the indoors!

Jeff Brooks

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum Jeff! Glad to hear that it sounds like you've been enjoying the site & magazine. I should probably try to pull myself away from the Winds sometime next year and head up that way for a trip or two to the PNW, definitely some amazing scenery. Look forward to checking out any of those hiking experiences you might want to share moving forward as well.