Trip Report with Photos and TrailFinder

Gary M

As said, I hope TrailGroove will expand future Trip Reports (and TrailGroove Magazine articles of course) continuing along with the always great photography, and now including TrailFinder maps.

In the already mentioned example of Buckskin Gulch, I would not have realized the reasonable proximity of the Arches, Zion, and Canyonlands. I've only been through the general vicinity once (Arches) and it was a long time ago. For those of us not really familiar with the area the Google maps really helps.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

maps, maps, maps...I adore maps. When my friends and I go on hiking road trips, they buy me maps instead of kicking in gas money. :)

TollerMom,

I feel the same about maps, but your hiking friends chip in with gas money?? I need to upgrade my hiking friends!!!!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansaas

I've had bad experiences with Google maps. They seem to work for official street addresses, but for locations like trailheads they are pretty much useless. Google the name of any location in Jasper National Park, and all you'll get is a map of downtown Jasper.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

As said, I hope TrailGroove will expand future Trip Reports (and TrailGroove Magazine articles of course) continuing along with the always great photography, and now including TrailFinder maps.

Thanks Gary, great thoughts and we'll definitely try to incorporate more maps where they'd be helpful moving forward. We have a few ideas in mind and hopefully we'll be able to get them rolling soon!