Hello From New Jersey

CraigKap

Just wanted to introduce myself to the local hikers in my area. I'm 38 years old and my girlfriend and I like to try new scenic, but challenging hikes every other weekend. If you are interested in meeting us or have any suggestions please feel free to message me. We live on the Northern East Coast of NJ, but travel mostly to the North Western parts of NJ.

We have hiked Mt Tammany, Ramapo, and Pyramid Mountain areas recently.

post-705-143508716976_thumb.jpg

Edited by CraigKap

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Hey Craig,

Welcome to the Forum! Not in your area but looks like you have some great hiking opportunities nearby.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Craig!

It's nice to see another hiker from New Jersey on the forum! My husband and I like to hike frequently as well! Maybe someday soon we should all meet up and get on the trail! Do you have any recommendations for a winter hike?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the late response. Not too sure about the winter hikes. If you google search Mt Tammany and then click the "images" tab you will see someone's photo of a nice winter scene from Tammany. It looks great with the snow on the ground. However, climbing it in the summer was a challenge so with the snow it might be a little dangerous. Anyway our snows melted at this point. I'm going to South Mountain in Millburn this weekend to see the hemlock falls weather permitting. Nice to meet you!

• 1 month later...

Hi Craig. If you go south on the AT on the PA side from DWG there's another great overlook of DWG. It's a steep hike up(some steps) but that overlook is much less known about or used than the Mt Tammany overlook which can get crowded on a nice day.

• 1 month later...