Hi, Im new to backpacking/hiking! Lots to learn!

rtstamm

Hi everyone!

I recently started purchasing gear for my new hobby :) My boyfriend and I will be doing are first overnight backpacking trip this spring and hope to do many, many more after that!

Just wanted to join this forum to make some friends, learn some stuff, (Im sure Im going to have a million questions!!) and have a great time!

Thanks for letting me be a part of your online community! :D

Rick-Pittsburgh

Hey rtstamm, welcome to the forums. Feel free to fire away w/your questions and I am sure someone will chime in to try and help ya out as best we can.

Happy hiking.

Mt Minsi looks good and is on our list to do. Just a suggestion. They have quite a few campgrounds in that area and a few waterfall parks.

• 7 months later...
Bobo Uzala

Hi rtstamm! PA Grand Canyon and Pine Creek Gorge has some beautiful views and it's also a very popular place. I think the rails to trails program has also done some very successful work there.

CraigKap - Mt Minsi is one heck of an uphill hike from the Delaware Water Gap! Check out Mt Tammany from the NJ side, also a great hike with awesome views and can be made into a loop hike with the woods road on the top of the mountain (just a suggestion).

~ just noticed this thread was started in November 2013. I don't think the mountains have moved since then :P

Edited by Bobo Uzala