Issue 50 has been released! Download your own high definition PDF copy with a TrailGroove Premium Subscription or read online in standard definition here.

Salomon Odyssey Mid GTX Boot Review

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

While I hike in breathable trail running shoes as much as I can in late spring, summer, and fall, when winter sets in I embrace the mid-height waterproof boot as my footwear solution of choice. Hikes are colder, and travel in snow involves keeping the heat in and the snow out – both things that a mid can do better particularly when combined with gaiters. However, there are a lot of uncomfortable mid height boots out there, and no shortage of offerings that don’t live up to their waterproofing promises. When I saw Salomon had released the Odyssey Mid GTX – with Gore-Tex waterproofing and promising a larger toebox, I decided to mix things up and give them a go on the trail and through a Wyoming fall and winter. The Odyssey is available in the mid-height boot reviewed here, as well as in...

In Issue 49, we review the Salomon Odyssey GTX Mid - check out the review at the links below:

Salomon Odyssey GTX Mid Review

Salomon Odyssey Mid GTX Review

Issue 49 Page 1