Saving issues of Trail Groove

wickiup

• Premium Member

It's gotta be said for the umteenth time: This is a fine publication and addresses the outdoors in a very appealing manner.

One question to break up the rhythm here. I show the saved copies of Trail Groove to an Uncle who lives rather unsophisticated as he calls so I cannot get online at his place. Must take a laptop up there to share. The HTML version seems to show off better than PDF. So I used to save each issue as an HTML file but can no longer do so since issue #10. Not sure whether it is me, a new computer OS or what ever else. When trying to save in either IE or Firefox I get a whole folder of individual files but not the magazine.

Can someone straighten me out on this.

Thanks

Jim

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the comments on the mag! The PDF will definitely be most optimized for offline viewing and situations like this, but another thing you might try is to load the magazine online, then hibernate your laptop. You should then be able to bring your laptop back up offline and still page through in the magazine format. However, like the PDF, interactive elements will definitely be limited or lost. Hopefully either one of those two options might work for you!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Sarah,

Putting the finishing touches on it now...Should be out in the next day or two! :D

Aaron,

I've never mentioned it, but I also like the PDF. I make copies for work, and give copies to folks I meet who are trailheads like myself. Keep up the good work.

Gary M.

Olate, Kansas

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

It's gotta be said for the umteenth time: This is a fine publication and addresses the outdoors in a very appealing manner.

One question to break up the rhythm here. I show the saved copies of Trail Groove to an Uncle who lives rather unsophisticated as he calls so I cannot get online at his place. Must take a laptop up there to share. The HTML version seems to show off better than PDF. So I used to save each issue as an HTML file but can no longer do so since issue #10. Not sure whether it is me, a new computer OS or what ever else. When trying to save in either IE or Firefox I get a whole folder of individual files but not the magazine.

Can someone straighten me out on this.

Thanks

Jim

Issue resolved for now.

My Firefox Mozilla lash up just flat does not like HTML.

IE handles it fine.

Hope no one stayed up nights worrying about this.;)

Again, Thanks for a great publication...

Jim

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Glad to hear it Jim, thanks for reading! :D