From Florida, starting to live the backpacking dream!

aquadatafl

Hello all. I'm from Southwest Florida and have traveled most of North America as a non-backpacker. I've been diving in and researching gear, techniques, and skills like crazy these past few months. I've got my girlfriend hooked and we are currently in the lightweight range, looking to go near ultralight (not hard to do in Florida weather). Our most prized piece of gear is the new Cloudburst 3 from TarpTent. We are looking to keep getting lighter, starting with our secondhand packs (65oz & 76oz) to a couple of ULA Circuits. I have family in Colorado, so we hope to hit a few of the trails out that way. I've already learned a few things from you guys and hope to learn more. :)

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the site! I've checked out the Cloudburst 3...looks really nice and the Circuit is a personal favorite. Backpacking opportunities definitely aren't lacking in Colorado - Any plans to check out the Florida Trail?

Having lived in the swamp and flat Florida most of my life, the southern half of the Florida trail is not on my "most wanted" list, but the northern half is. I almost moved to Colorado a few years ago, but couldn't leave a secure job for the unknown. Now I hope to travel a few times a year and spend most of it backpacking.