Hi from Colorado

John B

I'm 61, been hiking and climbing all my life. I have been more of a peak bagger for the past 20 years or so. Have climbed 100 highest peaks in Colorado, Mt Rainer, Grand Teton, Mt Hood, Mt Shasta, to name a few. However, my body has started to let me know it needs some easier stuff! I had a total ankle joint replacement September 2012--rehab from that essentially a year. In any event, I plan to focus more on my love of backpacking. A friend sent me a link to the magazine. I checked out this forum, and it seems an awesome resource.

A couple of my backpacking plans for this year: maroon bells four pass loop (that's why my friend sent me a link to the magazine), trip to the Teton's in August, and a week long loop trip in the Wind River mountains in September (with a planned climb of Freemont peak as a bonus).

Look forward to lots of good info on this site!

John

A couple of my backpacking plans for this year: maroon bells four pass loop (that's why my friend sent me a link to the magazine), trip to the Teton's in August, and a week long loop trip in the Wind River mountains in September (with a planned climb of Freemont peak as a bonus).

Sounds like a great summer. I'll be doing a trip to the wind rivers this summer too.

-Ted

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum John! Sounds like you have some great trips planned this year. I've only hiked by Fremont a few times, but I need to find the time to check out the summit this year - I can see how it would be a great view.

Thanks, Ted and Aaron. Ted, I was reading your article in issue 12 on the Teton's--brought back memories of a loop I did in 1996--up cascade canyon, traversed south on Teton crest trail to death canyon and out. Also climbed Table Mountain. As you say, the view of the seldom seen backside of the Teton's is hard to beat!