Hiking GSD Needs New Partner

Meagan Landry

Meagan Landry

Hello,

I have a 4.5 year old female pure bred German Shepherd from Belgium, Gunna. I raised Gunna from a puppy and she’s been my adventure buddy and best friend. Unfortunately, I have not been able to bring her hiking due to an ongoing foot issue. I am looking for a new loving home who can restore all of her hiking and swimming dreams. I posted her for adoption and found a lot of great homes but haven’t been able to find another hiker. 

Meagan

1532F3E5-A347-40EF-B6D0-9D38F5E4ABB0.jpeg

B53119E1-DBF1-4E15-A557-8B3532C9C39F.jpeg

605A8471-72D3-47C3-ADD8-CC4A431CB1D9.jpeg

8C5361C4-631E-46BC-8FB3-9E35FAC9D329.jpeg

• 7 months later...
Michael aka Mac

Meagan, you had posted this a month prior to me joining and I am just now coming across this thread.

I can see the love that you have for your companion and from seeing your knee braces, I am under the impression your mobility has become possibly a serious issue. Your desire to do what you think is in your companions best interest is not only heartwarming, but heartbreaking. 

Although the breed is an adventurous one, that benefits from the exercise, the relationship between the two of you is equally important.  I hope that you have taken that into consideration. Some dogs when they bond have a hard time adjusting, and some never adjust to a new master. Other dogs handle it easier, but you on the other hand will be losing your best friend.  It may feel selfish to keep your pet with you, but it isn't necessarily all that cut and dry, there are grey areas.

My point being that the two of you started this journey together,   maybe you should finish it together.

NO matter what you decide to do or what has already been done, I just wanted to let you know that I personally think you are a remarkable person, with a very kind loving heart.  I cannot speak for you or the dog, but i think that you are someone worth spending their rest of their life with.

God Speed Meagan