Backpacking the Rogue River Trail

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I turned up the heat in the car at the trailhead. It was a chilly, near freezing November morning as we finished getting our gear ready. There was a sense of excitement. As I hoisted my pack, I could feel the not-so-gentle protrusion of the solid kitchen frying pan in my back. I knew it would be worth it. I carefully left my key in the car in the prearranged location, hoping that the arranged transportation would deliver it to the end of the trail as planned. There were three of us: a good friend from high school, his dog, and me.  As we took our first steps on the trail, I remembered the views from a short run a couple years previous. Soon we entered scenery that was new and our planned adventure became a reality. Our hike on one of Oregon’s most famous trails, the Rogue River National Recreation Trail, had just begun. The Rogue River Trail follows the officially designated Wild and Scenic Rogue River for about 40 miles of inspiring beauty...

In Issue 53, @Eric details this trip along Oregon's Rogue River Trail. You can read the article at the links below:

Canyons and Creeks: Backpacking Oregon's Rogue River Trail

Backpacking the Rogue River Trail

Issue 53 Page 1

• 2 weeks later...