Gear Mash 15

Aaron Zagrodnick

Lemonjello

as an ultra runner, I am interested in the Altra shoes as an option for my PCT 2015 journey. I am and have been a Hoka user for the last three or so years and love em. any thoughts on the Altras?

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

No experience with the Olympus but have been using the Lone Peak 1.5 for most of this year and loving the shoes. The Olympus looks nice especially if you're looking for the most cushioning...For me personally though I think the features of the Lone Peak seem to be a better fit.

I have the GoLite Manitou Hiking Shirt and it has work great for both hiking and running. I live in Southern Arizona (hot summers) and so far it has keep me relatively cool when hiking and running in 100+ degree heat.In other words, it does what it is supposed to do.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I have the GoLite Manitou Hiking Shirt and it has work great for both hiking and running. I live in Southern Arizona (hot summers) and so far it has keep me relatively cool when hiking and running in 100+ degree heat.In other words, it does what it is supposed to do.

Good to hear that it's working out well! If I weren't wearing my synthetic TrailGroove shirt on the trail these days...I'd definitely have to try it out. :D