A Southeastern Treasure: Hiking Kentucky's Red River Gorge

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Usually when I travel, I am pulled to the west – New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and surrounding areas. For my latest trip, however, I headed in the opposite direction and visited a place that I had first heard about several years ago: Red River Gorge Geologic Area in northeastern Kentucky. My companion for this trip was Joel, with whom I’ve taken several other trips, both mountain biking and hiking. We left Oklahoma on October 2nd, 2022 and spent four days hiking in the area. The Red River Gorge Geologic Area (RRGGA) is a 29,000 acre (45 sq. mile) forested area within the Daniel Boone National Forest. The park has numerous beautiful sandstone cliffs and rock shelters, multiple natural arches and bridges, and huge trees. Within the area are over 60 miles of trails. There are over 100 natural bridges and arches...

@Steve Ancik reports back after a trip to Kentucky's Red River Gorge - take a look below in Issue 55:

A Southeastern Treasure: Hiking Kentucky’s Red River Gorge

Hiking Red River Gorge Kentucky

Issue 55 Page 1

• Aaron Zagrodnick changed the title to A Southeastern Treasure: Hiking Kentucky's Red River Gorge