pinky toes hurts constantly

chueh

My right pinky toe hurts much more than the left one.  The very tip upto the entire nail area, as well as the very outer side of the nail, is hurting every time I hike.

Anybody has the same problem?  Anyway, any idea for what products I can use to resolve the problem.  I have already tried the thin toe separator to give them a little cushioning, yet no help.

Thank you

THe only time I have had this problem, it was because the nail of the toe was too long, and was catching on my hiking boot.  Very painful.  

The solution was to cut the toenail back as much as possible.  And that worked like a charm. 

• Like 1

Michael aka Mac

without seeing the actual toe and nail, hard to say but sounds like an ingrown toenail, which would definitely get aggravated by hiking.

There is a special angled toenail clipper that can remove that portion of the toenail, and you may also need a needle nose pliers to assist on pulling off the nail growing into the toe, if that is what is going on with your toe.

• Like 1

thank you both balzac and M. aka Mac.

I always cut my toe nail before hiking.  I don't seem to have ingrown nail.  Thus, not sure what's going on, yet I am breaking-in a new pair with wider width and bigger size.  My pinky toes seem ok with this new pair.  However, I just walk around in the house, but not on the trails with all sorts of conditions.  How I feel them at home may not reflect what I will in the woods later.  However, I'll update the information, in case some people have the same problem.

Michael aka Mac

see if the new shoes help out.  If it is not  an ingrown toenail, it is also possible that you have a bone spur. Rather painful I must say.

If this persists for another month my best suggestion would be to see a foot doctor.

• Like 1

Ah... that's a possibility, M aka Mac.  thanks for pointing it out.  I do have spurs all over my body, so my little toe is probably not escaping it either......

Michael aka Mac

well if it turns out that it is indeed a bone spur give this thread a thumbs up 'like'

and by all means  call me Mac...

• Like 1