PA's Endless Mountains

Bobo Uzala

There's a lot of excellent hiking in Pennsylvania's Endless Mountains. This area is priceless - Does anyone have a favorite place/trail?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bobo! I'm from Jersey and have never been there.. but maybe I'll check it out soon! Any recommendations?

Bobo Uzala

Hey sarahtied! Sure - you may want to get yourself a copy of Jeff Mitchell's books, "Hiking in the Endless Mountains" and/or "Backpacking Pennsylvania, 37 Great Hikes". The 3 main trail systems are all incredible; The Loyalsock Trail, The Old Loggers Path, and The Black Forest Trail. Many other hikes as well. A must do is Ricketts Glen State Park, the jewel of the Endless Mountains and one of the most scenic sites in PA, it has 22 waterfalls on a loop trail that's approximately 7 miles.

• Like 1

I will definitely pick up those books! I didn't realize that Rciketts Glen was within that area.. I hear so much about that place. Thanks for the tips!

Ricketts Glen is probably the best least known park in Pa. Lots of waterfalls and deer and even bears to be see. I also recommend the AT near Caledonia through the Michaux national forest from Pine Grove furnace to the Md line.

Bobo Uzala

Soggy - I totally agree with you. That stretch of AT from Pine Grove to Caledonia is my favorite section of Appalachian Trail in PA.