Boing boing boing from East Tennessee!

AdventureMyk

AdventureMyk

Okay, most say hello, some say hi, a few even say howdy. Me? I boing. Call it that weird enthusiasm for new adventures!

I'm in Knoxville and am lucky to have the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Nantahala National Forest, Frozen Head State park and Big South for all in my proverbial back yard. I wish everyone were as fortunate! Then again, it's the reason I moved here 12 years ago when it was the first time I ever got a chance to pick where I wanted to move to. :)

Current hobbies include camping, camping, and more camping when I'm not writing. Out of the last 18 weekends we have camped 13 of them in a mix of car camping (5), kayak camping (7) and backpacking (1, but we are very new at it and just picked up the backpacks). Naturally we are always looking for like-minded adventurers and adventurettes to go with us. (It's myself and two young ladies. Don't mind the random giggles while wandering the trail. They do that) :)

It doesn't tend to matter if it's a quick overnight or a 5+ day adventure though the latter is usually easier in the kayaks where we take everything short of the refrigerator with us. Again, we are still learning the backpacking methods and scaling our gear down for smaller/lighter weight and those with more experience are always welcome to give us pointers. Those with the same experience can blunder through right along with us. If nothing else, the 'we are still alive' stories are good, too. :)

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome AdventureMyk - 13 of the last 18 weekends is pretty good! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Walking Enigma

AdventureMyk,

I'm going to be in Helen, GA for a week in early August. Other than climbing Yorah, what other day hikes would you recommend?

Thanks!