Sample size toiletries?

audit91

I would like to know if any of you know of a source to find the one use sample size shampoos and conditioners that come in magazines? To cut down on weight and save space, I would like to find a source to find the flat samples that come in magazines without having to spend a bunch of money on magazines! I received several flat samples of sunscreen at a 5K run which gave me the idea for shampoos etc...

It would be sooooo much easier to pack in and pack out (no trace) than the larger/heavier samples that you find at the big box stores...

Some Bed, Bath & Beyonds, Most Harmon's Discount Beauty Supplies, most Pharmacies(CVS, Walgreens, etc), Target, some at WalMart, some in larger grocery stores in the hygiene aisles. I always ask an employee where the travel sized area is.

Bobo Uzala

dhccare.com has sample size toiletries. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never use any type of cleansers/sunscreen/bug repellent directly in water sources. If you must clean up in the back country, dig a hole and dispose of the dirty water AT LEAST 200 feet from any water source (the farther away the better).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I actually was able to email the company and ask for a sample of the single use samples that come in magazines and they are supposed to mail. I didn't want to take the typical 'trial size' bottles from Wal-Mart Target etc... weight and space are the major factor for this particular hike.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

You should check out minimums.biz also. They have mini sizes of everything you could possibly think of.

We've had good luck with Minimus.biz as well for various travel, sample, or single-serving sized items. Still trying to work through a huge order of olive oil packets (Great for boosting calories in freeze dried meals) we ordered through them a couple years ago. :D

If you must clean up in the back country, dig a hole and dispose of the dirty water AT LEAST 200 feet from any water source (the farther away the better).

I agree that it should be disposed of away from water sources but feel digging a hole for that has the potential to contaminate ground water unless you're in an arid area. I "land app" it- spreading it out as best I can. At least that way you expose it to a lot more microbes to digest it and there isn't any ground disturbance.

I agree that it should be disposed of away from water sources but feel digging a hole for that has the potential to contaminate ground water unless you're in an arid area. I "land app" it- spreading it out as best I can. At least that way you expose it to a lot more microbes to digest it and there isn't any ground disturbance.

Thanks griz, totally agree!

Check out: www.minimus.biz

I would like to know if any of you know of a source to find the one use sample size shampoos and conditioners that come in magazines? To cut down on weight and save space, I would like to find a source to find the flat samples that come in magazines without having to spend a bunch of money on magazines! I received several flat samples of sunscreen at a 5K run which gave me the idea for shampoos etc...

It would be sooooo much easier to pack in and pack out (no trace) than the larger/heavier samples that you find at the big box stores...