What time do you prefer to be outside?

Bobo Uzala

Are you an early bird or prefer daytime, enjoy the dusk or a night activity?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an early bird or prefer daytime, enjoy the dusk or a night activity?

• Early morning
    • Mid-day
    • Evening
    • In the Dark
    • No Preference

Are you an earlybird or do you like being outside at high noon? Maybe you like magic hour at dusk or enjoy night hikes? Yesterday, I was out for an evening stroll and it got me wondering when we wander?!

I usually avoid high noon, if I'm at home and outside. As for hiking, sometimes have to avoid late afternoon in higher altitudes, so planning to hike earlier in the day then. In general, love the cooler late afternoon, early dusk hours. It just seems to go too fast, though.

I voted no preference but it's more accurate to state I like being outside at all times. All times DW? Yes! As long as I'm in the zone I can find meaning in all types of seasons and times in a 24 hr period.

Whether it's spring on the AT as the trees start leafing out and I can see seemingly endlessly into the undergrowth viewing countless trilliums, May Apples, Dogtooth violets, anemones, stellaria, and a host of other wildflowers OR night desert hiking under the stars, shooting stars, and planets in the Mojave or at Bryce Canyon OR crunching in one ft deep snow in the Cascades at night with a light snow falling OR being awakened atop Mt Whitney at 5 a.m as the sun dawns OR catching a sunset while at the Toroweep Stargate Window OR wandering up the Hoh Trail through the rain forest in a pounding rain OR turning out all the lights in Carlsbad Caverns OR wandering Acadia NP or the Blue Ridge Pkwy in the fall OR feeling the warming rays of the noon sunshine in Glacier NP in May.... it's really all good. :D

• Like 1

I don't much care as long as I can see where I'm going. That said, I don't like hiking in the dark unless there is at least a near full moon.

I voted no preference but it's more accurate to state I like being outside at all times. All times DW? Yes! As long as I'm in the zone I can find meaning in all types of seasons and times in a 24 hr period.

Whether it's spring on the AT as the trees start leafing out and I can see seemingly endlessly into the undergrowth viewing countless trilliums, May Apples, Dogtooth violets, anemones, stellaria, and a host of other wildflowers OR night desert hiking under the stars, shooting stars, and planets in the Mojave or at Bryce Canyon OR crunching in one ft deep snow in the Cascades at night with a light snow falling OR being awakened atop Mt Whitney at 5 a.m as the sun dawns OR catching a sunset while at the Toroweep Stargate Window OR wandering up the Hoh Trail through the rain forest in a pounding rain OR turning out all the lights in Carlsbad Caverns OR wandering Acadia NP or the Blue Ridge Pkwy in the fall OR feeling the warming rays of the noon sunshine in Glacier NP in May.... it's really all good. :D

That's really nice writing DW, thought I was reading John Muir for a minute there! Definitely agree with you, all outside all the time. I could even enjoy a good nighthike, it was a blast hiking up Mt. Hood in the dark and seeing the long trail of candle-like headlamps. I guess I'm curious as to the reasons why folks would choose any specific time. It really is...... all good!

Edited by Bobo Uzala

Thanks Bob. I meant to ask what's the story behind your avatar? Did your wife throw you out of the house because you're taking up too much of her space in the clothes closet with your gear?:D

LOL - I always seem to be in the doghouse for something :rolleyes: That's actually an Adirondack ski shed.... still looks like a doghouse to me!

Where's your avatar, DW?!