Any backcountry fly anglers out there?

glacierrambler

glacierrambler

I'm curious if there are any backcountry fly anglers on the forums here. Since I got back into fly fishing a couple of years ago, I've been spending a lot of time fishing in the mountains. Obviously, I'd love to hear what others are doing and share ideas for getting out more.

Living in Northwest Montana, I primarily fish the lakes in Glacier National Park and the rivers of the Bob Marshall Wilderness. I experimented with tenkara for a while, but I find that the Western rod-and-reel works best for me. Lately, since a buddy and I have developed the habit of packing float tubes into lakes, I've been using a tandem of a five- and seven-weight rods. I wouldn't have thought it exciting before, but I've really come to enjoy and appreciate stillwater fishing in addition to the swifter stuff.

So----who's been fishing the backcountry lately? Where? What kind of tackle have you been using?

I never could get much into fishing but my wife's favorite past time is fly fishing high lakes. She uses Sage and Winston 4 piece rods, both 6 wt.

Jackson Lake in the Tobacco Root Mountains 3 weeks ago

14629678466_0eebd31c6e_b.jpg