New member from NW MT

glacierrambler

glacierrambler

New to the forum and just thought I'd say hello.

I live in Northwest Montana and usually split my summer outdoor time between fly fishing and hiking--preferably doing them together in the backcountry. I live about 45 minutes from the west entrance to Glacier National Park and have logged several hundred miles there. I'm starting to explore the Bob Marshall more and more as well.

Anyway, I've enjoyed TrailGroove for a while, so I wanted to see what kind of activity/knowledge base existed here in the forums. I also authored "A Season with Tenkara" from the last issue.

Looking forward to looking around.

Clayton

I live in Northwest Montana and usually split my summer outdoor time between fly fishing and hiking--preferably doing them together in the backcountry.

We just about never go on a single purpose trip in the back country-always some other activities associated with fishing being one of them. I'm a relatively newcomer here also but welcome from Bozeman. I don't get up to that part of the state much anymore (long drive) but have enjoyed my time there in the past. Kalispell? Before I retired, we had a project over near Happy's Inn and was in the area quite a bit. Also spent a summer in Libby working for the Bureau of Public Roads before Libby Dam was built-man that's ancient history.