Hello from beautiful North Carolina!

HikeToBreatheFreely

HikeToBreatheFreely

Hello fellow hikers! Being new to the site and forums I figured I should introduce myself. My name is James. I love the outdoors, and getting out for activities. My favorite thing to do outdoors though is to hike and camp! I am very passionate about finding great new places to explore, and pushing myself to get to that next view.

I joined this community in order to try to meet other similar minded folks, and to get advice, tips, and opinions on some aspects of future hikes, gear, and other related items.

My username is HikeToBreatheFreely as I am sure you have seen. This is a new project I am starting to raise awareness for and prepare for. The goal: hike the Mountains To Sea trail next spring from the coast of NC to the Smoky Mountains. A total of 950 miles, a 3 month journey.

The mission: To raise awareness, and possibly funds for improving air and water quality in and around the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

This is an ambitious attempt, but I feel it can be pulled off. This would be my first thru hike, however I do have a fair amount of hiking experience. Especially here in NC.

Howwever, that is another thread, another time. Just wanted to say hello!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the site James, great to have you on board and best of luck on the upcoming hike!

• 4 weeks later...

That is a very noble goal to go for. I love NC trails. My wife, a couple friends, and myself are planning on doing a week long backpack trip heading out of Hot Springs. I'm currently nursing a broken ankle, so it probably won't be until 2016 when I get to do this just to make sure I make a full recovery.