Forest Service Warns Against Bear Selfies

Gearspoke

Recently the forest service was required to release a statement that they advice against people taking selfies with bears in the background. Now for those who are unsure as to what a selfie is, it is where you take a photo of yourself, however in this case people are taking the photos with bears in the background. The statement was short, sweet and straight to the point:

Please don't take selfies with bears. It's stupid.

Love, the U.S Forest Service http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/30/travel/bear-selfies-warning/

What are your thoughts on this?

Recently the forest service was required to release a statement that they advice against people taking selfies with bears in the background. Now for those who are unsure as to what a selfie is, it is where you take a photo of yourself, however in this case people are taking the photos with bears in the background. The statement was short, sweet and straight to the point:

Please don't take selfies with bears. It's stupid.

Love, the U.S Forest Service http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/30/travel/bear-selfies-warning/

What are your thoughts on this?

Let me see.................

Yes, I agree it's rather stupid to take a picture with a bear! If you want a thrill, join the Army.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Jarrett.Morgan

As much as I would love a selfie with a bear (sounds like it would make a great story), I would pass that opportunity up. It just doesn't seem worth to mess with a destruction machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from it potentially giving bears indigestion I have no problem with them weeding themselves out of the gene pool. If they are that dumb then they are going to get what they deserve and we shouldn't have to actually legislate in any more common sense. Then again, I'm that rare breed that doesn't believe one bit in the Politically Correct movement. After all, these are the same morons that would jump out screaming the animals are viscious when they have been cornered and are trying to fight their way out. Go figure?