Issue 48 has been released! Download your own high definition copy with a TrailGroove Premium Subscription and Membership or read online here.

The Colorado Plateau

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

For me, the month of November is made of up of what I call “The Gray Days”. The high country of the Rockies are starting to become covered with snow. The days are growing short. There is not quite enough snow to backcountry ski. And locally? The trails are starting to become covered in ice. The dominant colors recede from the oranges, red and yellows of autumn to the browns of early winter. For an outdoors person, it is both a time to clean and sort gear from the previous season and also to get ready for winter. However, over the years, November has also meant something else for me besides the gray days

Paul Magnanti in writing and photos and what this unique region of the United States has to offer, read the full article below in Issue 19:

The Colorado Plateau

Hiking and Backpacking the Colorado Plateau

Issue 19 Page 1

...It is a time when the red rocks beckon, the twisty canyons call, and where the footpaths of the ancient ones may be followed.

November is a time to go to that magical place known as the Colorado Plateau.

Paul Magnanti Emerson

Shhh!

• 3 weeks later...