Other forums for Backpacking Tips

Gearspoke

Does anyone else have other forums that they follow for great tips on where to go backpacking, what to bring, amazing lookout points to get that perfect photo? I am always looking for amazing forums to follow and so far I love the Trailgroove, but it always helps to diversify! :)

Hope you all had a wonderful vacation!

Umm, what's the name of that publication again? I think it's a magazine. Oh now I got it. Try BACKPACKER magazine. Every issue has regional hiking offerings often with quality pics and some beta.

There are so many places to get backpacking info. I spend a lot of time on them. Yet, I know if I die and come back with 9 cat's lives I could only cover a tiny portion of available hikes. Just with Backpacker alone I've been given at least 40 idea hikes that have been added to my Life List and countless good hiking tips.

Agreed Dogwood, the amount of amazing hikes that have been mentioned, it is this life long bucket list, that I may be able to do one day. But financially now it is not an option. Long as I can fit a few in a year I feel pretty accomplished!

www.backpacking.net is another forum but it's pretty slow like this one (IE:2-3 posts a day)

If you are feeling brave and can handle it being as many as 50 new posts an hour, sometimes more there is:

hammockforums.net

It is not limited 100% to hammock camping but the bulk of it is. If you want some seriously light weight or other backpacking tips that's probably one of the best forums for it and certainly among the most active.

I love TrailGroove but it hardly seems to get any traffic.

I often check on two very active forums. Whiteblaze is about the AT. They also have sections about other trails.

Backpacking Light is another very active form. The problem is they charge a fee if you want to post on the site read some very informative articles. I just look.

Absarokanaut

The forum at Backapcker.com is not dead, the regional forums still see some chatter.

I have come to appreciate backcountrypost.com as much as trailgroove, both excellent places to land.

Other suggestions are awesome.

• Aaron Zagrodnick locked and unlocked this topic