Where will your feet take you this year?

PaulGS

• 2 weeks later...

We've got quite a few plans, from Death Valley this winter, to Peru this spring, to more East side hikes in the Sierra over the summer. Should be a good year!

• 2 weeks later...

Definite for me is Knobstone Trail (Indiana) in April. We were also looking at Pictured Rocks in September but a couple of days ago I was invited on an October hike to Havasu Falls which is pretty enticing. My schedule won't allow for two fall trips so I have a choice to make. I'm leaning towards Havasu Falls. Other than that, just some local day hikes and maybe a weekend backpack or two.

I'm planning a week long with the scouts around the Boulder Mtn. UT area in July, 4-5 days in Frank Church in August with my kids, and at least 1 week end a month with the scouts in the Uintas.

My feet will take me around the base of the Matterhorn in Switzerland, for high passes they will go over Kearsage Pass, and then to Cottonwood Lakes. They will revisit 20 Lakes Basin, Virginia Lakes and beyond Bennettville in the Yosemite area again...three of my favorites! They will also hopefully take me to the Mammoth area and to the Ruby Mountains in Nevada and to Lamoille Canyon.

WildAdventures

nothing but shorter overnight trip here in Manitoba for me this yr. hoping to get in half dozen of them over the course of the summer. expecting my new hiking partner will join me on 3-4 of those. Last yr she came with me on the majority of my day trips and caught the bug. So far this winter we have spent a nice amount of time planning on the where, and teaching her about prepping for such trips. ( food prep and what not) Having my 11 yr old daughter along this yr is looking to make it a great yr on the trail

• 2 weeks later...

Summits of Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea, Haleakala, bushwack between the summits of Mauna Loa/Mauna Kea/ Hualalai volcanoes, Mt Elbert, Mt Massive, Arizona Trail, Grand Enchantment Trail, Grand Staircase Escalante, Joshua Tree, Olympic, & Congaree NPs.

Current plans are Teton Valley, Idaho in June, the Uinta Mountains in August and Great Basin National Park in September.

I'm planning to hike Boardstand-Old Military Road Loop of the Ouachita Trail in April and then I have hopes of doing all 220 miles of the Ouachita over the course of the next year. I am also planning a five-day trip in the Pecos wilderness the first week of June.